What class do I start with?
We have 3 classes available to suit all levels:
Foundation- Brand new to the reformer
Open Flow- Familiar with the reformer and exercise flow
Intermediate- More experienced practitioners
What do I need to know for my first class?
Please arrive 10 minutes early to your first class. The instructor will go over the use of the reformer and how to operate it, show you around the studio and answer any questions.
What do I wear to class?
The same attire that you’d wear to the gym or a yoga class. We recommend tights, leggings or shorts. You won’t require footwear for the class.
What facilities do you offer?
We provide drinking water, and have changing facilities on site. We have bathrooms and a shower at both locations (please bring your own bath towel for showering).
How many people are in each class?
With a maximum of 10 (Ivanhoe) and 9 (Preston) clients for our reformer classes, our small group sessions allow our trainers to focus on each individual and assist them when required.
How often should I attend classes?
Exercise is such a personal thing. How often you train will depend on your fitness level, how your body adapts to the workouts, and your fitness goals. Our trainers would be happy to assist you with these questions.
I can’t make my class- what do I do?
You are able you are able to modify your booking up until 9 hours prior to your booked class.
Are there any special requirements during pregnancy?
Clients who attend Pilates Republic prior to their pregnancy are welcome to attend throughout each trimester adhering to guidelines that are sent via email. After the 15 week mark is reached, there are specific modifications that need to be addressed while participating in group fitness classes.
Are there any special requirements post natal?
Please wait until you have received the all clear from your 6-week check-up and notify the trainer when attending your first class postnatal.
Are Private Classes available?
Private sessions can be organised outside group session hours. Please contact the studio to make arrangements
Can I still do Pilates if I have an injury?
It will depend on your injury and your road to recovery. You may need to get a medical certificate from your specialist. Group classes involve a full body workout, so in some instances this can be quite challenging for the injured client and the trainer
Terms & Conditions
1. Our introductory offer of 5 classes (valid for 14 days) is only available to brand new clients. You can only purchase the introductory offer once. The introductory offer is non-refundable nor transferable and will activate from the date of your first class booking.
2. A minimum of two people is required for a class to proceed. You will be contacted via text, phone or email should a class be cancelled and your session returned. Please be aware classes are on a first come first serve basis. To avoid disappointment, classes can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance.
3. Cancellations/rescheduling classes need to be made more than 9 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings). Late cancellations will incur a lost session. A $10 late cancellation/absent fee will apply for weekly members ONLY.
4. Payment must be made upon booking. To book into a class you must either have pre-purchased sessions in your account or pay at the time of booking in the studio.
5. Out of consideration for the trainer, other clients, and also for your own safety, the warm-up is an important aspect of each class. Please be aware that if you are more than 5 minutes late for a class, you may not be able to attend.
6. Owners and/or trainers reserve the right to restrict clients to a particular class type for safety reasons; and owners and/or trainers reserve the right to turn clients away if they do not have the correct medical clearance.
7. If a class you particularly want is fully booked please sign up for the waiting list. Should a place become available then you will receive either an email or text from us offering you a place in the class. You are under no obligation to take a waitlisted offer, however we do ask that you respond by notifying us if you can attend or not. If you cannot make it, your place will be offered to the next client.
8. Block session packs and private sessions are valid for 1 year (365 days) from the date of purchase. Sessions are non-refundable and are not transferable and can only be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date. Session packs cannot be shared with more than one person as all session packs are for individual use only.
9. Monthly passes are valid for 1 month (30 days) from the date of your first class booking. Sessions are non-refundable and are not transferable and can only be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date. Session packs cannot be shared with more than one person as all session packs are for individual use only.
10. Sessions are not transferrable to another individual and cannot be used by another person. If someone other than the person booked into the class arrives to use the session, they will be asked to create an account and purchase their own sessions.
11. You can only attend Pilates Republic group classes up until you are 15 weeks pregnant. After 15 weeks you can attend private 1x1 sessions or a mums and bubs session if they are scheduled.
Pilates Republic class sizes are small and can fill quickly. This is why our cancellation policy exists which all clients must adhere to:
Group classes: Cancellations need to be made more than 9 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings).
Private sessions: A 24 hour cancellation policy applies. Payment Policy Payment must be made upon booking. To book into a class you must either have credits in your account or pay at the time of booking. Suspending Monthly Passes. Monthly passes cannot be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will ask for a letter from your doctor. Please be aware when purchasing your monthly pass that you will be required to use your pass within 30 days otherwise we recommend for you to purchase a block session pack. Age limits and restrictions You must be at least 16 years of age to attend our classes. Children younger than this age are not permitted in our studios and are not to be left in the reception area or the studio while you attend classes.
Communicable Diseases If you have contracted a communicable disease, please ensure you have clearance in writing from your doctor before attending your next class. This is for the safety and well being of all our clients, staff and customers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from our website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to Pilates Republic via e-mail. Pilates Republic may collect the following information:
• Contact information including e-mail address
• Date of birth
• Emergency contact person
• Bank account and/or credit card details
• Payment history
• Demographic information such as postcode
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• Sensitive information
I agree that Pilates Republic is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class. I understand that classes may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Pilates Republic or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise. Pilates Republic does not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen personal property. If you do become the victim of a theft, immediately report it to a Pilates Republic staff member. By booking into a class you automatically agree to the above Terms and Conditions.