Terms and Conditions
1. Our introductory offer of 5 classes (valid for 14 days) is only available to brand new clients. You can only purchase the introductory offer once. The introductory offer is non-refundable nor transferable and will activate from the date of your first class booking.
Our introductory offer for Hot Mat Pilates is valid for a 3 week period- unlimited mat classes. The introductory offer is non-refundable nor transferable and will activate from the date of your first class booking.
2. A minimum of two people is required for a class to proceed. You will be contacted via text, phone or email should a class be cancelled and your session returned. Please be aware classes are on a first come first serve basis. To avoid disappointment, classes can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance.
3. Cancellations/rescheduling classes need to be made more than 9 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings). Late cancellations will incur a lost session. A late cancellation/absent fee will apply for weekly members ONLY. Where late cancellation is made due to isolation or COVID testing requirements, medical evidence or a copy of the test result will be required for consideration of session loss or fee waiver.
4. Payment must be made prior booking. To book into a class you must either have pre-purchased sessions in your account or pay at the time of booking in the studio.
5. If you are having issues booking into your classes online with your weekly membership, (this is for weekly memberships only) please do not re purchase a secondary weekly membership. This will create additional payments to your account, instead please contact us via phone or email and we will be able to help you.
6. Out of consideration for the trainer, other clients, and also for your own safety, the warm-up is an important aspect of each class. Please be aware that if you are more than 5 minutes late for a class, you may not be able to attend.
7. Owners and/or trainers reserve the right to restrict clients to a particular class type for safety reasons; and owners and/or trainers reserve the right to turn clients away if they do not have the correct medical clearance. This includes COVID full and future booster vaccination/s requirements (whenever it is deemed mandatory by government) and/or not being willing or able to provide evidence thereof, or for valid medical exemption proof.
8. If a class you particularly want is fully booked please sign up for the waiting list. Should a place become available then you will receive either an email or text from us offering you a place in the class. You are under no obligation to take a waitlisted offer, however we do ask that you respond by notifying us if you can attend or not. If you cannot make it, your place will be offered to the next client.
9. Block session packs and private sessions are valid for 1 year (365 days) from the date of purchase. Sessions are non-refundable and are not transferable and can only be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date. Session packs cannot be shared with more than one person as all session packs are for individual use only.
10. Monthly passes are valid for 1 month (30 days) from the date of your first class booking. Sessions are non-refundable and are not transferable and can only be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date. Session packs cannot be shared with more than one person as all session packs are for individual use only.
11. Sessions are not transferrable to another individual and cannot be used by another person. If someone other than the person booked into the class arrives to use the session, they will be asked to create an account and purchase their own sessions.
12. Clients who attend Pilates Republic prior to their pregnancy are welcome to attend Reformer classes throughout each trimester adhering to guidelines that are sent via email. After the 15 week mark is reached, there are specific modifications that need to be addressed while participating in group fitness classes. Hot Mat classes are heated so we recommend avoiding these classes altogether while you are pregnant. Postnatal clients are requested to wait until you have received the all clear from your 6-week check-up and notify the trainer when attending your first class.
13. Refunds are not typically issued on unused group classes or sessions, introduction offers or stock purchases ,unless required by law – special consideration may be applied for validated or evidenced medical reasons of exceptional circumstances. In cases of forced temporary closure of the studios, equivalent extension of expiry dates and open passes will be made. It is the discretion of the Studio Owner to make any once off exceptions to this, and any other terms and conditions.
14. During periods of Government Mandated restrictions, Disasters, States of Emergency, Pandemic etc, Pilates Republic will follow and adhere to such directives advised during that time. It is our expectation that clients will do the same and onus is with the client to determine if they can travel distance and partake in activities, whilst also ensuring they adhere to such government directives. Clients must Check-In via QR code at every studio visit and if not able to use the Services VIC app, will work with staff member to do so. Proof of Check-In and full COVID vaccination (including any booster if mandated in future) or valid medical exemption via the Medicare or linked Services VIC app/s or Medical Certificate are required as condition of entry.
Pilates Republic class sizes are small and can fill quickly. This is why our cancellation policy exists which all clients must adhere to:
Group classes: Cancellations need to be made more than 9 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings).
Private sessions: A 24 hour cancellation policy applies. Payment Policy Payment must be made upon booking. To book into a class you must either have credits in your account or pay at the time of booking.
Suspending Monthly Passes:
Monthly passes cannot be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will ask for a letter from your doctor. Please be aware when purchasing your monthly pass that you will be required to use your pass within 30 days otherwise we recommend for you to purchase a block session pack.
Age limits and restrictions:
You must be at least 16 years of age to attend our classes. Children younger than this age are not permitted in our studios and are not to be left in the reception area or the studio while you attend classes.
Communicable Diseases and Hygiene:
If you have contracted a communicable disease, please ensure you have clearance in writing from your doctor before attending your next class. This is for the safety and well being of all our clients, staff and customers.
It is also a condition that current government protocols are followed by all clients (unless exceptional exemption can be validated) for temperature checks, tracing, mask wearing, social distancing, hygiene and wellness
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from our website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to Pilates Republic via e-mail. Pilates Republic may collect the following information:
• Contact information including e-mail address
• Date of birth
• Emergency contact person
• Bank account and/or credit card details*
• Payment history
• Demographic information such as postcode
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• Sensitive information
*Pilates Republic does not store or maintain record of any client’s bank account or credit card details. Where possible, clients will need to enter these details into their online profile, under secure means, with our chosen merchant/s. In exceptional cases of manual payment processing or updates, Pilates Republic will enter the details provided or quoted by the client, directly into the payment system, upon which the details are immediately encrypted and no longer accessible in their entirety (small identification details such as last account digits or expiry date may be visible, but only for the purposes of assisting client’s with queries or payments, no Pilates Republic staff member is able to replicate details to process any fraudulent transactions on a clients banking details). It is the client’s responsibility to ensure these details have lawfully and correctly been provided and updated in their profile.
I agree that Pilates Republic is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class. I understand that classes may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Pilates Republic or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise. Pilates Republic does not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen personal property. If you do become the victim of a theft, immediately report it to a Pilates Republic staff member. By booking into a class you automatically agree to the above Terms and Conditions.
Latest Liability Waiver:
I, the undersigned, being aware of my own physical health condition, and having knowledge that my participation in any exercise program may be injurious to my health, am voluntarily participating in a physical activity. Having such knowledge, I hereby acknowledge this release, any representatives, agents, and successors from liability for accidental injury or illness, which I may incur as a result of participating in the said physical activity. I hereby assume all risks connected therewith and consent to participate in said program.
I agree to disclose any physical limitations, immunisation history/evidence/exemption, pregnancy, disabilities, ailments, or impairments, which may affect my ability to participate in said fitness program.
I also agree to the 9 hour class cancellation policy and current Terms and Conditions (https://pilatesrepublic.net/terms-and-privacy/) that Pilates Republic has in place.